5 May 2019
End of Application
1 Jul 2019
Works should be submitted with payment finished before 23:59 20th August 2019 in Macau Time (GMT +08:00) in person or by courier. Overdue submission will not be accepted.
Entry Form is independent for each Entrant, which could be downloaded on his/her personal account on the website, and should be completed with personal and entry works information confirmed. If there is any correction needed for the information, please notify the Organizer. For modification without notify that contradiction occurred, Entrant will be regarded as abstention.
Entry Data Label must be completed and placed on lower right corner of the back of each entry. (For 3D works, please select appropriate place for label).
All works should be submitted following to the Final Assessment Specifications, along with the Entry Form and also their image files restored in a CD or any storage device for publication, and must be appropriately packed with copy of Entry Form put on the front of the whole package.
All mailing expenses are responsible by the Entrant, freight collect is not accepted.
Sum of Admission fee
1. Entry must be original work of Applicant; if plagiarizing, counterfeiting or stealing is found, the Organizers reserve the right to disqualify the Entrant’s entry; if the entry is already awarded, the reward as well as the award will be cancelled and returned.
2. The Organisers reserve the right of exhibits reproduction for promotional and recording purposes, and publishing exhibits in printed materials and collections of works;
3. When damage due to poor production or transportation that leads to impossible assessment occurred, Entrant will be regarded as abstention;
4. The Organizers will provide proper protect of the entry works, however, full risk and costs including but not limited to losses or potential damage due to theft, fire or transportation should be borne solely and fully by the Entrant;
5. The Organisers reserve the right to enter part of or all entries of shortlisted candidates into other regional or international exhibitions;
6. Entries will not be returned to Applicant;
7. The Organizers will not involved in the assignment of authorities for Entrant in group, including but not limited to the receipt of reward or award;
8. In submitting the Entrant’s Registration Application, the Entrant fully and unreservedly agrees to all the terms, clauses and conditions as above;
9. The Organisers reserve right of interpretation and final jurisdiction of rules of this competition.
Founded by the Macau Designers Association, the Macau Design Biennial has been held for eleven editions. It is a historical and professional design competition seeking for enhancing public appreciation of creative design and the importance of building a good corporate image for future economic and cultural development. The creativity and practicality of design enhances the inherent value of traditional culture and art, adding value to the cultural and creative industries.
Since 2017, the Macau Design Biennial turned from cross-strait platform to the new position of exploring international design new power. From policy to operation, we have tried many innovations and gradually aligned with international design competitions. In order to bring together the world's new superior design power, promote local design power in Macau, and shift the focus of activities from past exhibitions to the competition itself, the Macau Design Biennial will be officially renamed to "Macau Design Award" from now on.
The Macau Design Awards will focus on the recognition of designers and customers, the promotion of design concepts, the exchange of regions and other platforms and also continue sticking to its tenet: find out talents in Macau, respond actively to the creative cultural policy from Macau government, and set up a cultural exchange platform.
Application is open to the public, designer, design team or company as well as student from all over the world can participate. For the student group, entrant must be a current student of a design institution with a registration proof. All work must be created and published no earlier than 15 May 2017 and no later than 30 April 2019. There is no theme restriction.
Selected and winning works will be shown at the Macao Museum of Art from December 2019 to January 2020.
Cultural Affairs Bureau of the Macao S.A.R. Government,
Macao Museum of Art,
Macau Designers Association
Macau Design Centre
Zhuhai Design Week
Macao Government Tourism Office,
Macau University of Science and Technology,
Macao Polytechnic Institute,
The University of Saint Joseph (Macao)
Polytrade Paper Corporation Limited,
Hong Kong Designers Association,
Shenzhen Graphic Design Association,
Taiwan Graphic Design Association
12th Macau Design Biennial is in preparation, follow our website or social network for up-to-date information, stay tuned!